• In collaboration with the Executive leadership team; initiate, execute, and oversee various
fund development strategies, programs, and activities
• Lead the identification, engagement, and stewardship of major individual donors,
corporate, government, foundation, partners, and institutional funding prospects.
• Assist in creating and maintaining development policies and procedures.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual strategic communications plan that will
increase public awareness and visibility of our programs, and deepen understanding of the
work of Spirit North.
• Lead the content development, distribution and maintenance of all internal and external
print and digital communications and assets for Spirit North including but not limited to the
website, annual report, newsletters, annual campaigns, etc.
• Lead and manage Spirit North’s Social Media presence through Content and related
• Work in close collaboration with members of the senior leadership team to develop and
support targeted internal and external communications for key strategic initiatives
• Historical knowledge of and cultural sensitivity toward Indigenous peoples
• Experience in fund development
• Education and/or experience in the non-profit sector
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Solid experience with internal, external, and fundraising communications
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively, handle and
delegate responsibilities, listen to feedback and solve problems
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with donors and
supporters, and to connect with individuals of diverse abilities and backgrounds
• Ability to use data and other management tools to effectively measure fundraising
activities, and provide guidance and support as needed
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Knowledge of strategic and operational planning
• Aptitude for budgeting, forecasting and ongoing fundraising analysis
• Experience managing social media accounts, newsletters, and curating print
materials for a non-profit organization an asset
Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office and fundraising database
• Ability to work independently and within a team and deliver confidently under